isaiah 40: 28-31

"do you not know? have you not heard? the Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. he will not tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. he gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumle and fall; but hose who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Thursday, March 01, 2007

God is God

and i am not. i trust that God is sovereign and in control. however, i confess i do not always like it. i have found myself recently disappointed. God is the God who "gives and takes away." he is the God who alone "knows the plans he has for us that are for our good and not harm, that give us a future and a hope." he never does anything accidentally. he has "determined the set times and exact places where we should live." he did this so that "we might seek him and pehaps reach out for him and find him." he has prepared the "works in advance for us to do."

i have found solice in casting crown's song " praise you in this storm." the chorus in this song says, " i will praise you in this storm and i will lift my hands that you are who you are no matter where i am every tear i cry you hold in your hand you never left my side and though my heart is torn i will praise you in this storm."

i am finding a way to praise God through my disappointment. i hope he finds it a sweet aroma. it is much more difficult to praise in saddness than gladness.

i am so thankful for my husband to ride this storm with. he is such a man of God's heart. he is also the eternal optimist, which makes me a little crazy when i want to mope for a while, but he is right. our God is good. he provides and has been more than generous to me.

love you all,

summer

1 comment:

Lesli said...

I love that song as well. It is on my Myspace & I listened to it when things got a little scary when I was having Sydney and when she was in the NICU. It has been my theme song lately!! Love you. You have such an amazing heart. I wish I could have better words of comfort, but I'm not a very wise person. SO...know that I love you and am praying for you.