- planning the women's retreat in feb.
- going to the women's retreat
- bret going to shreveport for international qualifying comp.(away from home all weekend, but won!!)
- gathering and buying activity supplies for the preschool sunday school each week
- teaching a very hard to impress middle school sunday school class
- preparing ALL our stuff for the spring JBF consignment sale
- working and shopping the consignment sale
- planning and executing two lunch with parents days at school for texas public school week
- getting the house ready for guests and small group
- hosting guests and small group/taking care of kids for small group
- readying for sea world
- trip to san antonio
amidst all this craziness, i found out my best friend (one of them anyway) is moving... and some other sad news as well. i have tried to spend evey possible minute with her since she will be gone by the end of the month..her birthday. bret and i had a very long conversation to and from san antonio about everything. (it was the first time i took on a male response and just shut down because i could not handle anymore communication--talking or listening!!) i guess times come in our lives where we cannot figure them out and we cannot make a plan and you just have to see the joy and beauty and blessing in whatever is in your face. my family is taht for me. in my face and even though it feels like life is ending, sometimes, it is not. life is what happens while you are making plans for it. watching my kids helps me more and more aware of that all the time. they embrace everything with such excitement and gusto. for now i have just decided the i am, like the old ninties song going to "don't worry, be happy." is all i can do. i don't want to be miserable, so i will just try to be happy. pray for me and wish me luck.
summer
3 comments:
Wow, that was so much to take in at once, all your precious pictures and an update. First, I love your pictures I would comment on every single on of them if I had time but I don't because I should be working. But it was soooo great to see all of the pictures, I wish we had gone to Sea World with ya'll now, I haven't been since I was like 10. Second, oh the madness. I hope you can have some time to calm down now and unwind after all of those many tasks. Three, and then there were two. You have inspired me to share some of my feelings...and even though lesli will kill me for posting about her read my blog. I love you summer.
Thank you for taking care of my youngin' for the last few years. You and your family have carved out a special place in her life and will continue to be a support and confidant for her. Whenever she calls about a problem, I usually ask, "Have you asked your husband?" Then normally I say, "I don't know. Call Summer". She loves you and will always value your friendship. Between cell phones and blogs, the two of you will be able to stay in touch. I will continue to ask God that he send you back to the Volunteer State or even the Bluegrass State! You are a sweetie with such a good heart.
Summer, I just want you to know that I am praying for God to send you someone(with skin-not just the comforter!) to nurture you through the transition and really minister to you personally. Keep your eyes peeled because he is faithful!!
I love you!
Post a Comment